I'm posting today to put in a request for banners!
I have an example ( here.Collapse )
This is an incredibly simple example of what I have in mind for our community, however, if anyone wants to do something that simple, please feel free!
Yes, anyone who has time, talent, or the notion, is welcome to do cursed_talk's banner. As of this point, pretty much any idea anyone has is welcome.... I don't have much artistic skill with a computer otherwise I'd give some better examples.
Sorry for a lame update and thanks for your time!!!
From this point on, I think I'll stop using my SPOILER WARNINGS, because... The series is almost over and.... Yeah. Sorry, for those who haven't finished, but I feel like maybe you shouldn't be reading in depth character analysis' if you don't know everything about a character that the story has to offer.
However, if you would like, Spoiler-free entries are still welcome.
( Kyo SohmaCollapse )
So, I'd like to do Yuki next, as it's convenient. Kyo and Yuki really intertwine a lot...
If anyone has anything to add, please don't hesitate!! If it happens to be something I missed or you would like to discuss anything I mentioned... Please!!
And that is my very long analysis. I thought, since it's been a long time since the last one, this one should be very good, to make up for it. And on that note, let me sincerely apoligize for having been so lazy with my community. I'm Sorry!!!! >_<;; In my defence, I must say, I haven't much internet access at all... Just enough to check my emails, update my actuall LJ, and an occaisional comment in a friends journal. Though, I had rather hoped my administrators would take some initiative. This was unfair, considering how soon after the community's creation I abandoned you.... Ehe... ._.;;
I apoligize profusely for being gone for so long!!! And after I had just started the community! For shame Steph... shame.
Well anywho.... Me and my boyfriend were in the middle of moving and it turned out we didn't have internet for a long while.... The move was unexpected or else I would have given more warning...
Again, I apoligize.
I am working on our next character analysis, Kyo Sohma! I hope to have it up by the end of the day, but Kyo is quite a fauceted character, so it may be later than that.
If any members or mods would prefer to get started, that's totally acceptable as well!! Remember, there's really no wrong way to analyze a character and we only need a start!!
Thanks and yet again, ごめん!!!
The first discussion will be based on Tohru Honda, the main character of Fruits Basket.
Tohru to me, is a very interesting character. At first I was appalled at her cutesy personality. It wasn't that I didn't like her -- in fact, I loved her. However, I was disappointed because I didn't think she was a beleivable character. Who do you know who is able to accept everyone, no matter what? This is normally enough to make me stop reading a manga or book.... However, Because of all the other characters and their personalities (as well as the unique plot) I kept reading.
It wasn't until Kyo's transformation (In Volume 6, I think...) that I really began to see her at all differently. It became more apparant in the anime, when ANIME SPOILER? Tohru is laying on her mother's grave, refusing to go back END SPOILER that I really thought differently. I started to think about it and I realized that Tohru is different than all those girly-manga heroines. She has the same insecurities and darker feelings as everyone else. You begin to see more and more instances as the manga progresses, what with the keeping the "lid" on her box and then later SPOILER her and Kyo's talk in chapter 109. END SPOILER.
I think her relationship with her mother is beautiful and I'd love to have that kind of relationship with my daughter one-day (though not as tragic, hopefully).
SPOILER Her relationship with Kyo is.... well, after all the angst, predictable. The bggest thing with her (to me) is not her relationship, but more, WHO the relationship is finally with. I wasn't that excited about her and Kyo finally getting together at the end of the series (er, close to the end?), because I knew that after Yuki had told Kakeru that he saw Tohru as a mother, she had to end up with Kyo. I also think that Momiji is interested in her, and although I don't think it will be persued much, could have some interesting stories and maybe should be persued. END SPOILER.
I think this is enough, for a starter. Please, if anyone has anything to add, more questions to ask, or has something they could build on in this, don't hesitate to comment. All discussions are welcome. :]
This is the first post of Cursed_Talk, a community for the discussion of the characters of Fruits Basket. :D I'm excited, aren't you?
The rules can be found here, but here they are again, for good measure.
1) The discussion can be started by anyone so long as the posters themselves actually begin the discussion by stating some indepth questions or those few, simple and general questions. See also rule 5.
Such simple questions can/do include, Was this character believable?, Why do you think the character was this way?, Would you have acted this way?, What character traits do you appreciate about this character? Why/Why not?, Which do you not appreciate? Why/Why not?, Is this character memorable?, What drives this character?, Which scene was important to this character/this character's personality? ect, etc...
2) Spoilers for the end of the series and after the American releases are allowed, but must be labeled. This way, everyone can participate. Spoiler-free discussions can be done as completely seperate posts, but must be labeled as such. Off-weekly discussions are allowed as well, but also must be labeled as such. (Off-weekly means regular posts talking about characters we've discussed in the past.... Like, "I just noticed this about such-and-such". A new discussion about a past character is allowed to begin again, but must be labeled in the subject as Version 2 or 3 and so on.
3) A single characters' discussion does not have to end after one week, but a new one should start.
4) Character discussions go in order of appearance. Minor characters like Minami (from Yuki Fan Club) do not count, but will be discussed later. I withhold the right to randomly select a character and thereby going against the order....
5) Post's MUST be approved by a moderator before appearing. This way, we can ensure that ALL post's are on topic and do not go against the intentions of this community.
6) When posting, I humbly request that you tag entries with the name of the character who is being discussed. This makes organization much easier and finding particular discussions a lot easier.
7) Plugs for character-shrine communities are allowed, but be tasteful.
I am currently looking for co-moderators, at least 3. If you would like to apply, either e-mail me or comment in the first introductory entry. All those asking will be considered. However, please note, that I am looking for serious moderators who will help by enforcing rules.
Thanks and let the discussing begin!!!!!